General Knowledge Quiz-3
Following MCQs taken from Common Law Admission Test (CLAT 2016)
26. Power to summon the Houses of the Parliament is vested with _____
(A) Speaker and Vice-President
(C) Prime Minister
27. Who was conferred the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award during August, 2015?
(A) Saina Nehwal
(B) Virat Kohli
(C) Sania Mirza
28. Which state has become the first state to introduce compulsory gender education at the graduate level?
(D) Andhra Pradesh
29. Who is the President of Sri Lanka?
(A) Ranil Wickramasinghe
(B) Maithripala Srisena
(D) K. Sripavan
30. Who is the author of ‘Crime and Punishment’?
(A) Harold Joseph Laski
(B) Karl Marx
(C) Pyodor Dostoevsky
(D) Geoffrey Chaucer
31. Which-organisation has the motto ‘Be Prepared’?
(A) National Disaster Management Authority
(B) National Cadet Corps
(C) Boys’ Scout
(D) National Service Scheme
32. India signed the Paris Agreement on Climate Change’ in April, 2016 at _____
(B) New Delhi
(D) New York
33. Who lit the torch from the sun’s rays reflected in a parabolic mirror during the Olympic flame lighting ceremony for the Rio 2016 Olympia Games at the site of ancient Olympia in Greece on 22 April, 2016?
(B) Katerina Lehou
(C) Katerina Kaif
(D) Joanie Laureh aka Chyna
34. Which is the fastest planet to revolve around the sun.
35. Who has written the book ‘Indomitable Spirit’?
(A) Ms. Arundhati Roy
(B) Sh. Narendra Modi
(C) Justice Krishna Iyer
(D) Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam
36. The Constitution (One Hundredth Amendment) Act, 2015 was enacted to give effect to _____
(A) National Judicial Appointment Commission
(B) The acquiring of territories by India from Bangladesh
(C) Transfer of certain territories by India from Bangladesh
(D) The transfer of certain territories by India to Bangladesh and vice versa
37. In which of the following states/Union Territories, the election commission has decided to hold election in a single phase n May 16, 2016?
(A) West Bengal, Kerala and Tamil Nadu
(B) Kerala, Tamil Nadu and Puducherry
(C) Assam, Kerala and Puducherry
(D) West Bengal, Kerala and Assam
38. In case the President of India wants to resign, he shall address his resignation to the ____
(A) Prime Minister
(B) Chief Election Commissioner
(C) Chief Justice of India
39. Which day is celebrated as ‘World Consumer Rights Day’?
(A) 5th June
(B) 15th July
(C) 5th September
(D) 15th March
40. Which state has the largest number of foreign students in India?
(C) Uttar Pradesh
26: (D) President
27: (C) Sania Mirza
28: (C) Telangana
29: (B) Maithripala Srisena
30: (C) Pyodor Dostoevsky
31: (C) Boys’ Scout
32: (D) New York
33: (B) Katerina Lehou
34: (C) Mercury
35: (D) Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam
36: (C) Transfer of certain territories by India from Bangladesh
37: (B) Kerala, Tamil Nadu and Puducherry
38: (D) Vice-President
39: (D) 15th March
40: (B) Karnataka