General Knowledge Quiz-2
Following MCQs taken from Common Law Admission Test (CLAT 2016)
11. The Parliament of which country became first Parliament in the world to run entirely on Solar Power?
12. ‘Beyond the Lines—An Auto-biography’ is authored by ___________.
(A) Justice Krishna Iyer
(B) Mr. Arun Shourie
(C) Mr. Soli Sarab Ji
(D) Mr. Kuldip Nayar
13. Parliament of India consists of ____________
(A) Council of States
(B) House of the People and the Council of States
(C) House of the people
(D) President, House of the People and Council of States
14. How many Indian Universities/ Institutes figure among the top 200 in BRICS rankings?
15. In 2015, Prime Minister Mr. Narendra Modi launched a new campaign, “Start up India, Stand up India”. The campaign is aimed at ____________.
(A) Promoting free education to all children below the age of 14 years and assuring them jobs after obtaining higher education.
(B) Promoting bank financing for start ups and offer incentives to boost entrepreneurship and job creation.
(C) Making India Digital
(D) Promoting Swatch Bharat.
16. Name the country that has six Deputy Prime Ministers.
17. Who is the chairperson of NITI Aayog?
(A) Sh. Arun Jately
(B) Ms. Sushmita Mahajan
(C) Sh. Narendra Modi
(D) Ms. Sushma Swaraj
18. The highest peace time gallantry award Ashok Chakra was awarded posthumously during 2016 to___________.
(A) Rajesh Atra
(B) Mahendra Singh
(C) Mohan Nath Goswami
(D) Jagdish Chand
19. The maximum number of ‘Smokeless Villages’ are found in the state of __________.
20. Mars is also known as the __________
(A) Blue Planet
(B) Red Planet
(C) Green Planet
(D) Brown Planet
21. Which state of India was declared in January, 2016 as the ‘first organic farming State of India’?
22. In case of death of both the President and Vice-President of India, who shall act as the President of India?
(A) Attorney General of India
(B) The Parliament will nominate from among its members
(C) Chief Justice of India
(D) Prime Minister
23. In April,2016, The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge visited India. Their names are—
(A) Prince Robert and Katelor
(B) Prince William and Kate Middleton
(C) Prince Charles and Cathy
(D) Prince Hillary and Victoria
24. In January, 2016, at the first stage, the Union Ministry of Urban Development, unveiled the list if ……cities for smart cities mission out of 98 short-listed cities.
25. At the Asian Indoor Athletics Championships held at Doha in February, 2016, who among women won the gold medal in Long Jump?
(A) Irina Ektova of Kazakhstan
(B) Olga Rypakova of Kazakhstan
(C) Mayooka Johny of India
(D) Prajusha of India
11: (A) Pakistan
12: (D) Mr. Kuldip Nayar
13: (D) President, House of the People and Council of States
14: (B) 16
15: (B) Promoting bank financing for start ups and offer incentives to boost entrepreneurship and job creation.
16: (C) Nepal
17: (C) Sh. Narendra Modi
18: (C) Mohan Nath Goswami
19: (B) Karnataka
20: (B) Red Planet
21: (D) Sikkim
22: (C) Chief Justice of India
23: (B) Prince William and Kate Middleton
24: (C) 20
25: (C) Mayooka Johny of India