All About Padma National Awards (Civilian)
- Highest Civilian Award
- Given for exceptional work on art, literature, science, sports and recognition of public service of highest order.
- Government Servants not eligible
- Instituted in 1954
- No Monetary Grant is given
- Recipient gets Certificate signed by President Of India and Peepal shaped medallian
Q1: Who were awarded Bharat Ratna in year 2014?
Answer: Atal Bihari Vajpayee, Madan Mohan Malviya (Posthumously)
Q2: Who were the first recipeints of Bharat Ratna?
Answer: C Rajagopalachari, S. Radhakrishnan and CV Raman in 1954.
Q3: Name any natutralised citizen of India who was awarded Bharat Ratna?
Answer: Mother Teresa
Q4: Name any non-Indian(s) who was/were aswarded Bharat Ratna?
Answer: Khan Abdul Gaffar Khan (Pakistan) and Nelson Mandela (South Africa)
Q5: Who was the first individual honoured with Bharat Ratna posthumously?
Answer: Lal Bahadur Shastri
Q6: Who became the youngest recipient of Bharat Ratna?
Answer: Sachin Tendulkar (40 years)
Q7: Who is the oldest recipient of Bharat Ratna?
Answer: Dhondo Keshav Karve (Social Reformer) - 100 years old.
Q8: To whom the Baharat Ratna award was announced but was not conferred?
Answer: Subash Chandra Bose
- Given for exceptional and distinguished service in any field (including services rendered by Govt. servants)
- Second Highest Civilian award
Q9: Who were the first persons awarded Padma Vibushan?
Answer: In 1954, following were announced as first recipients of Padma Vibhushan:
- Satyendra Nath Bose
- Nandalal Bose
- Zakir Husain
- Balasaheb Gangadhar Kher
- V. K. Krishna Menon
- Jigme Dorji Wangchuck
Q10: In 2014 to who Padma Vibhusan was awarded posthumously?
Answer: Dhirubhai Ambani
Q11: What is written on Padma Vibhushan medal?
Answer: On one side text "Padma Vibhushan" in Devnagari. On the other side national motto "Satyamev Jayate" inscribed along with national emblem.
- Given for distinguished service of a high order in any field (including services rendered by Govt. servants)
- Third Highest Civilian award
- Till Dec 2015, 1230 people have received this award.
- Fourth highest Civilian Award
- Instituted in 1954
- Awards to Citizens of India (was given to non-Citizens of India on few occasions)
- Give in recognition of their distinguished contribution in various spheres of activity including the Arts, Education, Industry, Literature, Science, Sports, Medicine, Social Service and Public Affairs