Current Affairs Quiz (January 2022) Part -1
1. Government of which country has resigned amid protests against a sharp increase in fuel prices?
Ans: Kazakhstan's government
2. Name the American actor who was the first Black actor to win the best actor Academy Award, died at 94.
Ans: Sidney Poitier
3. Name the water metro project for which the first battery-operated electric boat has been built?
Ans: Kochi Water Metro Project
4. Who has been appointed as the new Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of the Railway Board?
Ans: Vinay Kumar Tripath (1983 Batch Indian Railway Service)
5. Which country has test-fired around 10 new Tsirkon missiles from a frigate?
6. Which country has opened the world's longest metro line with a total length of 831 km?
7. Which country officially bans the use of plastic packaging for large vegetables and fruits, such as cucumbers, carrots, and bananas?
8. Which country reported the world's first case of "florona", which is believed to be a double infection of COVID-19 and influenza?
9. Recently who has received the Mumbai Press Club's RedInk Award 2020?
Ans: Danish Siddiqui (Posthumous)
10. Which country has India defeated in the final of the Under-19 Asia Cup 2021?
Ans: Sri Lanka
11. Recently who has won the title of Mrs India Galaxy 2021.
Ans: Nikita Sokat
12. Which state has achieved the target of administering the first dose of Kovid to 100% of the population?
13. The person best known as "He-Man" artist and toy designer has passed away.
Ans. Mark Taylor
14. Who has been appointed as the new Permanent Representative of India to the United Nations Conference on Disarmament?
Ans. Anupam Ray
15. Who surpassed Mahendra Singh Dhoni to become the fastest Indian wicketkeeper to take 100 wickets in Test cricket?
Ans. Rishabh Pant